Earlobe Fillers are becoming very popular. Many factors like wearing heavy earrings, constant exposure to the sun, and neglecting skin issues could put a lot of strain on your earlobes. Have you had a close look at your earlobes lately? They may be fresh and plump earlier, but you could observe some thinning and dropping with aging and other factors. Without your attention, your earlobes could already have hanging lobes that are very thin and appear to break anytime. The reason this happens is due to the natural loss of elasticity and collagen. While some may feel that this is a natural aging process and allow the lobes to hang freely, many will want to go back to a fresh and youthful appearance. Modern advancements in treatments like those offered at After Glow aesthetic & wellness in Tampa have developed an effective solution of earlobe fillers to correct the earlobe issues.
What are Earlobe fillers? Do they work?
They are Hyaluronic acid fillers that are injected into the earlobe using a tiny needle. This aids in filling up collapsed or saggy earlobes and smoothing fine lines created with the loss of collagen and elastin. So why do earlobe fillers have hyaluronic acid in them? Because hyaluronic acid is a key component in your skin and retains over 1000 times its weight in water. This is important and needed to help support collagen and elastin. It will also help in evening out the earlobe skin and create a younger look to the ears. Many women love to wear various fancy earrings, but face stretched piercing holes after some years of usage. These fillers help to make the holes smaller and give a younger look. Earlobe filler’s results will last up to one year, and earrings can be worn without any issues after the treatment. The results last longer because there is no active muscle movement as in the face. Filler treatment in active muscle movement areas of the face causes quick degradation of substances compared to the ear that will last double the time. Experienced skin specialists can design a personalized program that may help treat all skin issues and filler treatment. Even chemical peeling is recommended along with these filler treatments to provide more youthful skin. Once there are signs of a decrease in results, these fillers can be injected again. There could be some slight swelling, redness, or bruising in the treated area after the treatment, but it will fade away after a couple of days.
Who are the right candidates for this procedure?
If you observe your skin showing signs of aging due to a lack of collagen, then using earlobe fillers may be a great option for you. This is most common for women in their 40s particularly if they enjoy wearing large-sized earrings for longer periods of time, but could also be seen in the younger generation who are much exposed to sunlight. Any person with wrinkled and large earlobes is the right candidate for this procedure. But ensure to consult a reliable and experienced professional to receive the treatment.
What are the causes of ear lobe volume loss and fine lines?
- The skin present on the ear is the same as other parts of the body but neglected even in applying normal skincare creams or sunscreen lotions. There will also be a natural loss of volume as we get older similar to our face. This mixture of wrinkles, sun damage, loss of collagen, and elasticity alters the shape of earlobes, expands them, and ultimately causes them to hang lower.
- Neglecting the ear issues and not consulting any skincare specialists to find any rough or uneven pigmentations could lead to major issues shortly.
- Wearing heavy earrings frequently will lead to the dragging of the piercing. This ultimately leads to the elongation of the hole and hanging earlobes. They could also lead to one more issue of thinning of the ear lobes. Hence it is always best not to wear larger-sized earrings if required, or only wear them for a shorter duration. Also, ensure to wear earring backing discs even for studs if you wear them regularly. This is important to keep the holes in proper strength and firmness for a longer time.
- Make sure to remove earrings when you are at home or resting. Go for light ones regularly to avoid unnecessary stress on the earlobes and reserve the heavy ones for any special event.
Are dermal filler injections in the earlobe safe?
- These filler injections are very safe when administered by an experienced and certified skin specialist with proven records. Such dermatologists who have been doing skin treatments for many years and would be aware of all the advanced treatment techniques in the industry. They will offer a customized treatment plan to suit your precise issue and provide you with all the guidelines to follow after the treatment. When you see the results fading off, you can revisit the specialist for treatment.
- The majority of patients will see good results in just one treatment session, but a second session will provide the best results. The results will be temporary as in all other skin treatments, but they last for an average of a year and more in some cases.
- To achieve a complete earlobe rejuvenation, many people will undergo a mixture of treatments along with fillers. This will be useful to effectively treat all other skin issues at the same treatment session of earlobe treatment. You could discuss your aesthetic goals with your doctor to provide you with a solid treatment plan.
- Earlobes lose collagen and elastin-like other regions due to aging factors, increased eating use, sun exposure. Sagging and stretched earlobes can be enhanced naturally by using hyaluronic acid fillers. But you should take care to ensure any cosmetic fillers should only be done by a professional injector who has undertaken extensive training in performing injectable procedures, like experts at After Glow aesthetic & wellness. Our physicians have extensive training and skill set in performing dermal filler injections for complete facial rejuvenation. We offer comprehensive and customized care to your requirements and suggest the best treatments / fillers in Tampa that are the best for you based on your goals.