Are you looking for a good exfoliation to help brighten and even out your skin tone? At After Glow aesthetic & wellness we offer 3 effective levels of medical-grade chemical peels to help with exfoliation, specific to your skin needs!
What is a Chemical Peel?
Chemical Peels are a method of exfoliation ranging from mild, that work in the upper layers of the epidermis, to deeper peels, that penetrate the deeper layers of the epidermis and upper dermal tissue. Peel levels are selected based on your overall skin health and desired goal! Peels can be used to enhance and increase overall treatment results to target the following conditions: Sun damage, rough/uneven texture, fine lines, wrinkles, tissue laxity, acne, congestion in the skin, hyperpigmentation, dullness, dryness, and certain types of scarring.
What is a Chemical Peel Treatment Like?
We prep your skin by using products to cleanse and degrease, getting rid of any make-up and oils on the skin, this allows for even penetration of the chemical peel. We start with one layer of the chemical peel and possibly more depending on how aggressive your aesthetician thinks is needed.
How Long Does a Chemical Peel Treatment Take?
- The process usually takes 30-45 minutes but can be adjusted depending on your needs. There is no pain or discomfort, and the treatment is safe.
What Can I Expect Post-treatment?
- Your provider will decide which level of chemical peel is best suited for your skin. Depending on the level of chemical peel you may experience no peeling or moderate peeling of the skin. Once your skin is done going through the peeling process, it will look bright and refreshed!
How Often Should I Get a Chemical Peel?
- We recommend a series of 3-6 chemical peels for optimum results. With allowing 4 weeks in between each treatment.
What Do I Need to Prepare for a Chemical Peel Treatment?
- No sun exposure one week before treatment
- Stop using retinoids one week prior to treatment
- After Glow aesthetics & wellness uses Vitality Institute VI Peels that are safe for all skin types.
Book a Consult with your After Glow aesthetics & wellness provider to see which Chemical Peel will be best suited for your skin!
Botox and Dysport are medications injected into the muscle to reduce wrinkles caused by muscle movement. We strategically choose dosage based on your muscle mass and strength in the area of concern.
Ask about our TOX BOOSTER with our chemical peel treatments.
A critical mistake that some patients make is neglecting the maintenance of their treatment. Botox and Dysport may metabolize at different rates depending on the person, but typically the treated area should be re-injected after about 3-4 months.
If you keep-up on your Botox/Dysport, the dosage can be fine-tuned to your exact prescribed needs. This can not only prevent over or under-treating the area, but saves you money and time in the long run.
When you come in to see us, make sure to book your next appointment with us! Most Botox/Dysport procedures take only 10 – 15 minutes, allowing you to return to your daily activities in a flash! Our staff is highly trained to offer you quality service and results while keeping your health and safety the top priority.
Our providers at After Glow aesthetics & wellness are all extremely skilled and precise when it comes to your Botox/Dysport treatment.
If you have any questions regarding the procedures, please contact our Medical Practice and visit our Botox/Dysport page